Thursday, September 11, 2008

Marissa + Brian are married! (Preview)

I finally found a bride shorter then me! (And my height with heels) Marissa is so petite, she's like a bride doll.

Marissa and Brian were married at Blessed Sacrament Church and had their reception at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. We did have an uninvited guest; her name was Hurricane Hanna. (That witch...haha) Marissa didn't let it dampen her spirits (pun intended). We worked it out and we got some great images.

Blessed Sacrament is beautiful!! The guests were welcomed into the church with music from a bagpiper. Marissa is a designer and she designed the ceremony programs, save-the-date cards, invitations and menu cards herself. Her monogram for the wedding was great too! Lots of black brocade everywhere, which I love. She made the Grand Ballroom complete with black chiavari chairs. Little details like that really make the wedding.

I loved Marissa's dress. It was so her...strapless sweetheart neckline with a polka dot overlay. And she changed into these great tango ballroom shoes for the reception to dance the night away in.

Here's a preview of their photos:

Bride's Dress & Maid's Dresses: Melissa Sweet

This is my favorite photojournalistic moment of the year:




I love this portrait of Marissa...those curtains are so cute. Marissa is a designer, so I wanted to incorporate design-y elements.











No comments: